- DuraSponge Outsole – A blown AHAR rubber compound for enhanced cushioning and durability in the forefoot.
- I.G.S (Impact Guidance System) Technology – ASICS design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot’s natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Ortholite Sockliner – Moisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC).
- SpevaFoam 45 Lasting – Employs 45 degree full length SpevaFoam 45 lasting material for a soft platform feel and improved comfort.
- FlyteFoam Propel Technology – ASICS energetic foam formulation that provides supreme bounce thanks to a unique elastomer compound.
Celebrating our brand’s heritage with this special edition GEL-CUMULUS 21 Retro Tokyo running shoe from ASICS. Honoring the global heritage of Japan’s history, the shoe features a retro color scheme and technical features designed to cushion and support your feet over long distances. The GEL-CUMULUS 21 Retro Tokyo blends two different midsole foams – one for lightweight softness and another that adds a more responsive step. It also has rear and forefoot GEL technology for premium level shock absorption. Our GUIDANCE LINE technology helps create a more efficient stride, while the internal heel counter holds your foot in position for added support. The shoe helps align your stride with smoother propulsion while a contoured EVA sockliner better matches the shape of your feet for added comfort. The durable outsole reduces wear at key impact areas and the engineered jacquard mesh upper helps keep the top of the foot cool. Reflective details on the outside of the shoe also promote better visibility in low-light settings.